Blaine County, Idaho Genealogy
Blaine County, Idaho ancestry and genealogy research page. Discover links to record collections, history, and genealogy information to help you you trace your own Blaine Co., ancestors. Start now by building a Free Family Tree.
Blaine County was established on March 5, 1895 from Alturas and Logan counties. The county was named James G. Blaine (1830-1893), United States Secretary of State (1881, 1889-1892).
Currently the Blaine County Seat can be found in Hailey plus the county government website is http://www.co.blaine.id.us/
Areas bordering Blaine County are Butte County (northeast), Bingham County (east), Power County, Cassia County (south), Minidoka County (southwest), Lincoln County (south), Camas County (west), Elmore County (northwest), Custer County (northwest).
Cities and towns found in Blaine County include Bellevue, Carey, Hailey, Ketchum, Sun Valley
Blaine County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Blaine County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Blaine County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Idaho Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
- Idaho State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Blaine County Historical Society / Museum, 213 North Main Street, Hailey, ID 83333 ; (208) 788-1801
- Ketchum-Sun Valley Historical Society, 180 1st Ave E, Ketchum, ID 83340; Phone:(208) 726-8118
- Wood River Historical Society, P.O. Box 552, Ketchum ID 83340
- Blaine County, Idaho Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Blaine County
- Blaine County, Idaho Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Blaine County
- USGenWeb Archives for Blaine County (usgwarchives.net)
Blaine County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often overlook the great importance of Blaine County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Hidden away in Idaho courthouses and archives everywhere are the hopes and dreams and worries of the many Idaho citizens. The chances are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some aspects of their lives in the Blaine County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Please make sure to get in touch with the clerk's department to validate hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars prior to visiting or requesting information because of in some cases changing contact info. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The records are available to interested parties, barring private issues. Many employees will guide people in finding the resources, however it is up to the person to do the basic research.
The below specifics indicates what birth, marriage, death, land, probate, and court records are usually in Blaine County. The dates stated listed below could be the first noted records data for this county.
- Blaine County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 106 2nd Ave S, Hailey, ID 83333
- Phone: (208) 788-5505
- Blaine County Clerk / Recorders Office
- Marriage Records: 1864
- Land Records: 1863
- Probate Records: 1883
- Court Records: 1865
- Idaho Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Idaho for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events. They are prime sources for genealogical information.
Idaho Historical Records
- Databases include Idaho Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records; Idaho Birth, Marriage & Death Records; Idaho Voter Lists & Census Records; Idaho Immigration & Emigration Records; Idaho Obituary Records; Idaho Military Records; Idaho Family Tree Records; Idaho Pictures; Idaho Stories, Memories & Histories; Idaho Directories & Member Lists and much more....
Blaine County Genealogy Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources associated to Blaine County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Blaine County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.
Blaine Co. ID Books, Newspapers & Publications
- See Also Statewide Newspapers, Books & Publications Links for Idaho
- Historical Newspapers from Idaho (1864–1922) (genealogybank.com) Rapidly identify names and key phrases in over 450 million articles, obituaries, marriage announcements, birth notices as well as other items written in over 2,800 old U.S. newspapers. New content added on a monthly basis!
- Blaine County, Idaho Books (amazon.com)
- Search Idaho Obituaries (1985 to current) (genealogybank.com)
- Idaho, Obituaries, 2007 (familysearch.org) Digital images of originals collected and housed by the Idaho Falls Regional Family History Center. Obituaries are from various Idaho newspapers printed in 2007. This collection has multiple arrangements: by Idaho city or town, mixed cities and name, and by out of state deaths of Idaho natives.
- Blaine County Genealogy Books (books.google.com)
Blaine Co. ID Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- See Also Statewide Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Records in Idaho
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records (archives.com)
- Idaho Death Records 1911-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Divorce Records 1947-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Marriage Records 1947-1960 (archives.com) Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1907-1920 (familysearch.org) County birth and death registers acquired for the following counties: Ada, Bannock, Bingham, Blaine, Bonner, Bonneville, Boundary, Canyon, Cassia, Clearwater, Elmore, Fremont, Kootenai, Latah, Nez Perce, Owyhee, Shoshone, Twin Falls and Washington counties. Coverage varies between counties.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com)
Blaine Co. ID Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Blaine Co. ID Census Records
Blaine Co. ID Cemeteries & Graveyards
Blaine Co. ID Church & Bible Records
Blaine Co. ID Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Blaine Co. ID General and History Websites
Blaine Co. ID Immigration & Naturalization
Blaine Co. ID Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Blaine Co. ID Military Records
- See Also Statewide Military Links for Idaho
- Idaho Military Records (fold3.com) will provide easy access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents belonging to the Idaho men and women who served. Great for Blaine County genealogists, researchers, historians and more.
Blaine Co. ID Schools & Directories
- Idaho City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Idaho. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.